Nordic Welfare Forum 2018
The Nordic countries are facing different kinds of welfare challenges. When the welfare systems are put under pressure, individuals are at risk, so we need access to early warning systems that can help us identify impending challenges – indicators that can help us spot coming trends.
The Nordic countries all have good examples of how innovative solutions are being used to tackle these kinds of challenges.
On behalf of the Nordic Council of Ministers, we are arranging the Nordic Welfare Forum 2018 on Tuesday December 4 in Stockholm. This will be a day filled with knowledge, inspiration and proposals for socially innovative solutions that will help to improve welfare work in the Nordic region.
The objective of the day is to identify the challenges we are facing in our immediate future, and to look at trends in the Nordic countries, the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland. The focus will be on social conditions in the Nordic region, including the situation for particularly vulnerable groups, and other welfare problems that can impact the Nordic welfare model.
Would you like to learn more about the Nordic Welfare Indicators (NOVI), please read this article.
The Nordic Welfare Forum 2018 will offer a platform that creates opportunities to discuss how identified challenges can be met, based on knowledge and experience linked to national initiatives in the individual countries. The forum will help establish inter-Nordic contacts that can benefit national work.
Key actors in the welfare policy sector will be participating and discussing the challenges and trends. Experts, politicians, researchers and representatives of civil society in the Nordic countries will feature in the programme.
The Nordic Welfare Forum 2018 is aimed at politicians, researchers, and officials at national and local level, and representatives of civil society from the Nordic countries, the Faroe Islands, Åland and Greenland.
The conference is arranged by the Nordic Welfare Centre on behalf of the Nordic Council of Ministers and in close collaboration with the Swedish presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport is located approximately 42 kilometers from the hotel. It is convenient to take the airport train, Arlanda Express directly to Stockholm Central Station. The journey takes 20 minutes. Tickets can be purchased from vending machines or on the train. Airport coaches (bus) are also an option for the transfer to Stockholm Central Station. Please find more information on airport coaches here. Taxis can also be used for the transportation from the airport. The price should be somewhere between SEK 495 and SEK 550. The following taxi companies are reliable: Taxi Stockholm, Sverige Taxi or Taxi Kurir.
- Bromma Stockholm Airport is only 9 kilometers from the hotel. Airport coaches (bus) will take you from the airport to Stockholm central station in approximately 20 minutes. Taxi is also an option and the following taxi companies are reliable: Taxi Stockholm, Sverige Taxi or Taxi Kurir.
If you wish to use taxi services in Stockholm, we recommend the following taxi companies:
- Taxi Stockholm, +46 (0)8 15 00 00
- Taxi Kurir, +46 (0)8 30 00 00
- Sverige Taxi, +46 (0)20-20 20 20
Program and list of participants
Scandic Continental: there are a number of rooms preliminary reserved at the conference hotel. The price of a single room is SEK 2000/night and includes breakfast. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Nordens välfärdscenter #46470403 and a credit card number + expiry date for reservations. The rooms are available for booking until November, 1st 2018.
Elite Hotel Adlon: there are a number of rooms preliminary reserved at a hotel near by the conference hotel. The price of a single room is SEK 1690/night and includes breakfast. Please contact email@example.com and mention 4665899 and a credit card number + expiry date for reservations. The rooms are available for booking until November, 5th 2018.