Healthy Life for Children
We warmly welcome experts and professionals to the seminar Healthy Life for Children in Reykjavik 2-3 October. The seminar is for invited guests only.
The challenge to counteract childhood obesity and to create a healthy lifestyle for children calls for joint action within the Nordic region.
Experts and professionals meet in Reykjavik 2-3 October to share scientific evidence and exchange knowledge about good practice and policies as well as successful implementation. The seminar is for invited guests only.
Tuesday 2nd of October
The Nordic Welfare Centre and the Nordic Expert Network PromoKids arranges a seminar on healthy life and healthy weight for children. A programme for the event can be found here
The conference will include the following keynote speeches:
- Update from WHO Dr Juana Willumsen, Technical officer, WHO, Department for Prevention of Noncommunicable Diseases
- Healthy body image through health promoting in schools and communities Dr Dóra Guðrún Guðmundsdóttir, Head of division, Determinants of health and wellbeing, Directorate of Health Iceland
- JANPA – Joint Action on Nutrition and Physical Activity Dr Viktória Anna Kovács, National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition, Hungary
- How do we treat overweight children?
Anders Forslund, Associate professor, Paediatrician, Head of pediatric obesity unit, Uppsala University Children's hospital
- Economic perspective on healthy life for children Prof. Kevin P. Balanda, PhD FFPH, Director of Research, Institute of Public Health in Ireland and adjunct Professor, School of Public Health, University College Cork
- Genetics of Common Diseases Kári Stefánsson, M.D., Dr. Med. CEO and founder of deCODE. Dr. Stefánsson has previously held positions as a professor of Neurology, Neuropathology and Neuroscience at Harvard University ant the University of Chicago
Wednesday 3rd October
The Nordic Network PromoKids arranges a workshop. The programme for the event can be found here. Read more about the PromoKids network here
The keynote speaker for the workshop is Dr João Breda from the WHO Europe Office.
Free of charge
The seminar and the workshop are free of charge, but participants cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
Grand Hotel Reykjavik, Sigtún 38, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
The seminar is for invited guests only. There is a limited number of seats available. Members of the PromoKids network are prioritised.
- To register for the seminar on 2 October, click here
- To register for the PromoKids workshop on 3 October, click here
We recommend the Grand Hotel in Reykjavik, where the event will take place. To book a room, please send e-mail to email@example.com. Participants pay for their own accommodation.
We wish you a warm welcome!