Webbinarium: Combating loneliness and social isolation for the older adults
What do we know about loneliness and social isolation among the older adults in the Nordic countries? What are the consequences of involuntary loneliness and what does research in the field say? Which interventions have a good effect in combating loneliness and social isolation? Welcome to the Nordic Welfare Centre´s webinar where some of the leading researchers in the Nordic region give their views on these matters.
The webinar will be held on 5 November 2020, at 13-15.30 CET in the webinar platform Zoom.
We will launch a new Nordic survey on strategies for active and healthy aging, including the area of loneliness and social isolation. The survey is carried out by Senior Planning Architect Lina Kumlin at the consultant firm WSP on behalf of the Nordic Welfare Centre.
A new Nordic research overview on loneliness among the older adults in the Nordic countries will be presented by Associate Professor Lena Dahlberg from Dalarna University and Sociologist Carin Lennartsson from Karolinska Institutet..The report (in Swedish) was published by the Nordic Council of Ministers in August 2020:
Ensamhet bland äldre personer i Norden (2020)
We will also present other recent research and interventions on loneliness and social isolation from the Nordic countries.
Presenters at the webinar:
- Lena Dahlberg, associate professor of social work, Dalarna University, Sweden
- Carin Lennartsson, sociologist and researcher, Aging Research Center (ARC), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Lina Kumlin, senior planning architect, WSP, Sweden
- Halldór S. Guðmundsson, associate professor of social work, University of Iceland and general manager of Akureyri nursing home, Iceland
- Marja Aartsen, research professor, OsloMet, Norway
- Thomas Hansen, research professor, OsloMet, Norway
- Dominique Hauderowicz, architect, architectural studio dominique + serena, Denmark
- Anu Jansson, manager, The Finnish Association for the Welfare of Older People, Finland