Bodily-Tactile Languaging Congenital Deafblindness
The meeting between congenital deafblind’s authentic expressions and cultural-language practice
The course focuses on opportunities for persons with congenital deafblindness to develop language through conversations in a tactile modality and the following themes will be discussed:
- Communicative relations and partner competence
- Sign construction based on bodily tactile exploration
- The partners contribution to language development from a culture perspective
- A communicative encounter between a fluent signer and a youngster with congenital deafblindness
- Languaging with a person with congenital deafblindness
The seminar consists of lectures.
Professionals who work with language development for people with congenital deafblindness and combined sensory loss. The seminar is also meant for sign language interpreters who are interested in interpretation to people with congenital deafblindness. Parents are welcome to attend.
Lectures (more lecturers to be announced)
- Gøran Andreas Gregor Caspian Forsgren, Senior Advisor, Statped, Norway
- Caroline Lindström, Special Needs Educator, Mo Gård, Sverige
- Camilla Foote, Advisor, Signo CSS, Norway
- Anne Nafstad, Special psychologist, Statped, Norway
- Johanne Godø, Academic Director Signo, Norway
Maria Creutz, Nordens välfärdscenter
The presentations are in English. Sign language interpretation to norwegian sign language will be available.
It is possible to attend via video link or at the venue. A link to those attending via live stream will be sent out to the e-mail address given in the registration form well in advance before the start of the seminar.
The seminar is free of charge. During the days coffee and a light lunch will be served.
November 5th 2018
The last cancellation date is November 5th 2018. If cancellation occurs later than the last cancellation date, the participant will need to pay a fee of SEK 500. The registration is not personal, so a colleague can attend in case of cancellations.
The seminar and workshop is arranged at Statped (Hovseter) in lecture hall A101.
Address: Gamle Hovsetervei 3, 0768 Oslo, Norge
The most convenient way to reach the venue is by underground/metro. Line 2 to Østerås (stops at station Hovseter) departs from all stations in Oslo city centre. For more detailed information and time tables, please check Ruter. From the Hovseter station, you will need to walk for a few minutes to reach the course venue.
It is also very convenient to use taxis in Norway, since all norwegian taxis use taxameters or fixed prices (to and from the airport). Please call one of the following taxi companies, if you intend to use taxi services:
– Oslo taxi at +47 02323
– Norgestaxi at +47 080 00
– Taxi2 at +47 02202