Webinar: Loneliness and social isolation among the older adults during the coronavirus pandemic
Has loneliness and social isolation among older adults increased in the Nordic countries because of the social distancing during the covid-19 pandemic? What do we know about the mental and physical wellbeing of older adults in this period? Are older adults more resilient to changes during crises? What does the latest Nordic research in the field show?
Welcome to the Nordic Welfare Centre´s webinar where some of the leading researchers in the Nordic region will present and discuss new information on these questions.
The webinar will be held on 26 October 2021, at 10.30 – 12.00 CET on the webinar platform Zoom.
Participants in the webinar:
- Lena Dahlberg, associate professor of social work, Dalarna University, Sweden
- Carin Lennartsson, sociologist and researcher, Aging Research Center (ARC), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Halldór S. Guðmundsson, associate professor of social work, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Marja Aartsen, research professor, OsloMet, Norway
- Thomas Hansen, research professor, OsloMet, Norway
- Dominique Hauderowicz, architect, architectural studio dominique + serena, Denmark
- Christine Swane, director, Ensomme Gamles Vaern, Denmark
- Fredrica Nyqvist, academy lecturer in social policy Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- Anu Jansson, Director of Development and Participation, The Finnish Association for the Welfare of Older People, Finland
The webinar is arrange in the Zoom, which provides the participants with a range of accessibility features.
Speech-to-text interpretation (subtitles) will be provided.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have questions or concerns about accessibility.