Grasping the diversity among older adults – Active and healthy ageing in the Nordic region
What do we know about the diversity of the Nordic senior population in terms of health, activity and societal participation? New Nordic research shows that older adults are a diverse group and that their possibilities to live an active and healthy life depends on many different background variables.
Welcome to join us at Nordregio´s and the Nordic Welfare Centre´s webinar Grasping the diversity among older adults. In this webinar researchers from Nordregio will present the results of two new studies:
- Indicators for Active and Healthy Ageing in the Nordic Region. Possibilities and Challenges.
- Active and Healthy Ageing – heterogenous perspectives and Nordic indicators.
The webinar will be held on 6 April 2022, at 13.00–14.30 CET on the platform Zoom.
Following the presentations, Nordic municipalities, responsible ministries, researchers, and seniors’ organisations have been invited to comment on the findings and discuss the possibilities and challenges for active and healthy ageing in the Nordics.
Webinar speakers (TBC):
- Mikaela von Bonsdorff, Associate Professor, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Halldór S. Guðmundsson, Docent, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Sonja Hansen, European Project Officer at the Health and Assisted Living Technology Department in Aarhus municipality, Denmark
- Finn Kamper-Jørgensen, Danish Council of Elders, Denmark
- Kristoffer Lundberg, Deputy Director, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Sweden
- Emma Matsson, Development Leader, Age-friendly City of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Aina Strand, Senior Advisor, Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services, Norway
- Mats Stjernberg, Senior Research Fellow, Nordregio
- Alex Cuadrado, Junior Research Fellow, Nordregio
- Diana Huynh, Research Fellow, Nordregio
- Aila Määttä, Project Manager, Nordic Welfare Centre
- Moderator, Åsa Ström Hildestrand, Head of Communications, Nordregio
We welcome participants to join the discussion via the Zoom chat.