Nordic Leadership Forum on Deafblindness
The Nordic Leadership Forum is a network of leaders who work with deafblindness and representatives from the Nordic Welfare Centre. The forum meets annually – rotating around the Nordic countries.
It is an arena where Nordic cooperation is discussed in relation to Nordic networks, courses, seminars, conferences, projects, Nordic curricula, Nordic definitions and Nordic advisors. This is where Nordic leaders exchange knowledge about national projects, activities, initiatives and organisational changes.
Description of the forum
The Nordic Leadership Forum on Deafblindness consists of leaders from organisations responsible for staff training, professional development and the provision of services to people with deafblindness and their networks. The Nordic Leadership Forum is a decision-making body and is rooted in national deafblind activities.
The forum’s goal is to apply a common Nordic knowledge focus to initiate activities that benefit people with deafblindness in each Nordic country.
This goal is to be achieved by:
- developing national expertise in the field of deafblindness and strengthening national activities for people with congenital and acquired deafblindness
- giving Nordic work for the deafblind a clear and specialised profile in order to ensure mutual access to knowledge and expertise
- contributing to the development of expertise at a Nordic level
- supporting quality development in work for the deafblind
- supporting individual organisations by developing common Nordic positions
- providing input to the Nordic Welfare Centre’s deafblind activities